12.04.2014

Christmas Party: What I Wore

I came in like a wrecking bauble
The Christmas party is a BIG deal where I work. They spend an absolute fortune on it, and everything is included; transport to London, dinner, dancing, photo booths, bottomless drinks, a hotel room for the night, and a hellish, never-ending coach home in the morning.




On the coach to the venue. Great duck-face, Sian.
In the run-up, your outfit plan for the night is carefully discussed, scrutinised and analysed. You discuss hair, makeup, nails, shoes: all aspects are examined, all angles are explored, nothing is left to chance. It's all our desk has talked about for three weeks...
Unless you're me, of course, and you end up running into Reading before the party because you need shoes and you've realised your dress is silver, not gold....
I was on a serious budget this year. I have so many more things to fund (like a bathroom renovation!) and clothing and fashion has fallen by the way-side. However, I did need something new. Thank god for River Island.
Overall, the last-minute outfit cost me less than £60. I love the dress and its' already done double duty at my Mum's birthday meal. I can see it lasting the whole party season; it looks good with black tights and boots for a more casual night out. Plus, there is something oh-so-flattering about a Bardot neckline...

River Island shimmer bardot dress, £28

New Look Double Ankle Strap Heels, £24.99
  As always, I was flying the flag for Marketers everywhere and partied 'til 6am....
Who's bright idea was that photo booth??

Hope everyone has a great Christmas party too!










No comments:

Post a Comment