11.09.2014

Vintage Shopping; Molly's Den, Winchester

visit the website here
I was brought up in the deliciously quaint city of Winchester in Hampshire, and I popped back this weekend for a bit of family time. This glorious city has a slower, gentler pace of life (unless you're under 18, of course - living in Winch feels like the epitome of cool when you're not old enough to know better).

The city is home to an array of kitsch shops and unique boutiques, perfect for a long, musing peruse on a Saturday afternoon - you're never really searching for anything in Winchester, you just happen upon things!


It is rather fitting, then, that Winchester is now home to one of the most creative, imaginative, and expansive retailers I have ever visited. Molly's Den is situated in an old warehouse in Winchester's Winnal Trading Estate, which has expanded through a warren of bright storage containers. It is an enchanting place to while away an afternoon.

Here are just a few of the gems that caught my eye...

Giant world map

'Henley Rowing, 1912' Life Preservers
 
Victorian Utensils

Beautiful French glass

'Upcycled' Trunk, with initials A&H -god, if I had the room for this...!!
 The contents are constantly suprising and inspiring, which is the result of having way over a hundred vendors and small businesses under one roof. I could have walked away with a lot - but I was very restrained, and limited myself to one amazing piece of furniture...

Vintage school desk - complete with graffiti dating back to 1963! (£47)

It's monthly rental rates are also encouragingly low, so I hope to see it continue to grow and flourish Molly's Den is a joy for shoppers and sellers alike.

There is also an AMAZING cafe which I hope to visit next time; I had a taste of brownie, and it was dreamy :) I really implore everyone to visit Molly's Den; set aside a whole day, go insane, and let your heart to the talking. They also accept card!

I'm looking for more interesting retailers to visit, including websites. Recomendations welcome

All the best,

Sarah
the yup blog

No comments:

Post a Comment