3.08.2015

Sometimes I forget how to be a 'grown up'

The last few months have felt oddly disparate.
January was an incredibly busy month for me; I started a new job, celebrated an anniversary and quite a few birthdays. I also did a lot of work around the house.We painted all the downstairs rooms and 'finished' the dining room. It felt lovely to be so constructive.

Then things began to slip. February was a very ill month; I spent two consecutive weeks feeling just plain awful - firstly, with a stomach bug, and secondly with a hacking cough which just will not shift. Now we're into March (eight days into March, somehow?!?) and I'm realising that time is slipping away again.


Anyway, the fixtures for our bathroom arrived on Friday. This was incredibly exciting, until I realised how badly we'd  messed up. There is one major oversight we made when we decided to buy a beautiful, luxurious walk-in shower enclosure.



This is a Victorian terrace. This house has narrow staircases. Our shower enclosure isn't going to fit, and the builder is coming on Monday...!

Help, I forgot how to be a 'grown up'!

So T and I are having a last-minute panic. Luckily we found a plumbers' merchant that can do next-day delivery so we are (sort of) saved - but I'm not going to get the dream bathroom I had set my heart on.

No comments:

Post a Comment